Monday, October 17, 2011

Welcome Ofelia!

Here are the stats:
Ofelia White Pearlman
7lbs. 4 ounces
Born at 6:37am, Wednesday, September 28th
at home in our room
with our dear midwife Janna & birth assistant Regina (who was at Odesa's birth)

Labor began at with inconsistent mild contractions. At 3:00am I realized I was in labor. I woke Mike up at 4:30. We called the midwife at 5:00am. She arrived & 45 minutes later Ofelia was born after pushing about 8 times.

Odesa woke up around 6am and came in with Grannie to see what was going on. We let her know mommy was going to make lots of noise but that I was okay & baby Ofelia was finally coming. She went downstairs to watch a movie & eat breakfast. Once Ofelia let out her first cries Odesa came running up to meet her. We all sat in bed marveling over the baby and Odesa held her.

We were lucky to have Mike home for 2 weeks and my mother in law stay with us for the first 5 nights. I don't know what people without family close by do but between my in laws and nieces & nephew I am one thankful lady! Odesa has been adjusting wonderfully. She wants to hold & smooch the baby ALL the time and is a great big sister. Ofelia is now 18 days old. She is a strong nurser, gaining weight and sleeping great at night.

So far I have successfully braved grocery shopping, Toys R Us, the farmers market & pumpkin patch alone with 2 kids but this will be my first full week without Mike- wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment